Yummy tasty pizzas, made at home, who wouldn’t go for it? We all love eating pizzas and it is a good way of making children eat different vegetables. The secret of a good pizza lies in its base – the crust, which should be crunchy but supple.
Making a pizza at home can be a little tricky if you don’t get the base mixture right. To make a pizza crust you need dry yeast, flour, white sugar, oil, salt and water to knead the dough. If you don’t mix and knead the dough properly you may not get a soft, pliable crust. To make your job easier and faster, try the Ramdev Pizza Instant Mix.
Pizza – Good for Health
When we think of pizza the first thought that comes to our mind is ‘its junk food’ and it should be avoided. But it is not junk food, the original pizza from Italy, is made from dough which has no fat added to it, topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. At times tomatoes and some basil are also added.
To make it more nutritious and healthy a variety of vegetables and meat can be added as topping. Children love to eat pizza and it is a good way of making them eat different vegetables.
Ways to make Pizza Healthier
- The instant pizza mix available in the market today is easy to work with and you get a crust that is just right to make a good tasty pizza. This contains flour, yeast, salt and some olive oil.
- Use less cheese, as more cheese means more calories, so use small quantity of grated mozzarella cheese. This melts and spreads very nicely to cover the whole surface.
- Cheese contains proteins and calcium. It also contains phosphorous, zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin B 12 and riboflavin. Calcium makes your bones strong and prevents tooth decay.
- Top the crust with lots of vegetables like mushrooms, onions, pepper, spinach, carrots, olives, beet root etc and you have a pretty much healthy pizza. Vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals which are needed for good health and good growth of the body. Vegetables also contain fibre which is very important for good digestion.
- Tomatoes in tomato sauce contain antioxidants, which protect your cells and support your immune system. Healthy cells mean a younger looking you, and a good immune system means a healthier you.
- Tomato sauce also contains garlic, onion, pepper, basil, oregano, sugar, chilli powder, cloves, cardamoms, ginger, vinegar and salt. Cloves and ginger have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which provide lots of health benefits like protection from heart disease, cancer, improve insulin function etc. Ginger helps in the digestion of food and reduces nausea.
- Garlic reduces cholesterol and prevents heart disease risk. The sulfur content in garlic helps to prevent cancer by flushing out carcinogens. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Pepper contains piperine which boosts metabolism and helps to burn fat and improves the digestion.
- To add more protein to pizza you can add chicken sausages, tofu, grilled chicken, beans, eggs, nuts etc and make pizza more healthy.
So enjoy that yummy looking instant pizza which is easy to make and good to eat, pizza that is full of healthy ingredients and loads of health benefits.